Nekton Pilot Sept 17th-24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, as you can see we're not on the Pilot until December. But, please post a trip report when you return. The Pilot will be our first liveaboard so we're excited to read anything about the Pilot. :)

DiveMe:
Sorry, as you can see we're not on the Pilot until December. But, please post a trip report when you return. The Pilot will be our first liveaboard so we're excited to read anything about the Pilot. :)
Thanks for the response!!

We have been on Nekton 2x we last went in May to Cay Lobos on the Rorqual.
We love the Nekton live-a-board experience. We first went on the Pilot in May of '03.

I see you have an affinity for "scubatoys" do you live in the DFW metroplex?

Nope, I live pretty far from DFW, but I still consider ScubaToys my LDS! :) Larry has always been great on the phone and has given me some great advice and good deals on everything I've bought from him. Lest you think we don't support the shops we can drive to, we bought my husband's gear locally.

Glad to know that you're returning to the Nekton fleet for a 3rd go-round. That always speaks highly of any product when they can get customer loyalty. We're really excited about our first liveaboard experience, and have already discussed joining Nekton in the Caribbean sometime in the future. However, we do need to find out if we like the first liveaboard before we plan our second.

Please post a trip review anyway when you return.

I wish I was!

We went to Cay Sal Banks in July on the Pilot. It was my first liveaboard and was nervous as I get seasick very easily. We were supposed to depart the Saturday evening that Hurricane Dennis was hitting, but due to the weather reports, we departed 24 hours behind schedule. Nevertheless, I slept like a rock every night on board, even during two terrible storms (I missed them as I was too busy cutting ZZzzzzzssss).

The accomodations were not as fancy as some of the other liveaboards (according to my husband who has been on many), and the diving deck was crowded at times, but overall, I can't wait to go back!

Hope that you guys have a blast and enjoy some wonderful dives!

katieva:
I wish I was!

We went to Cay Sal Banks in July on the Pilot. It was my first liveaboard and was nervous as I get seasick very easily. We were supposed to depart the Saturday evening that Hurricane Dennis was hitting, but due to the weather reports, we departed 24 hours behind schedule. Nevertheless, I slept like a rock every night on board, even during two terrible storms (I missed them as I was too busy cutting ZZzzzzzssss).

The accomodations were not as fancy as some of the other liveaboards (according to my husband who has been on many), and the diving deck was crowded at times, but overall, I can't wait to go back!

Hope that you guys have a blast and enjoy some wonderful dives!

What was the condition of the ship....was it clean, did everything work all week, air conditioning, water for showers...ect..?

I would appreciate an update on this due to the fact that the ship has now been in service for 10 years, and the last time we were on it was 2 1/2 years ago!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom