Nekton Belize or Cocoview? decisions, decisions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Help us decide, please! We are trying to decide on our next dive trip and both of these options keep coming up. We love the Nekton liveaboards (done 2 Bahamas trips with them) and have heard nothing but good comments about Belize diving. We have also heard nothing but great things about Cocoview and the fact you get lots of boat dives and beach dives, plus nice rustic resort (just the type we like) with meals included (which we like, we hate wasting time in restaurants on a dive vacation).

So, it looks like our next trip will be sometime Oct-Dec if all things fall into place (like money and time off work). So which would be best? Doing underwater photo and video is a big consideration but we know both are great for that. Cocoview is cheaper by a little bit but not enough to make it the outright winner. We just did a Nekton trip so maybe we should do land-based next?? :confused:

Husband still has Cozumel pre-hurricane as some of his favorite dives and we have been told that Belize is just like Cozumel without the current.:D We have done lots of big animals lately (Palau sharks and mantas, Bahamas sharks and turtles) so that isn't as big a deal. We both love the little stuff - seahorses, nudibranchs, blennies, etc. I think both places are known for those. We both love walls and swim-thrus, too.

Does the weather that time of year differ for Belize and Roatan? They are so close together and it is the end of hurricane season so we know it might rain. Any other comments?

robin:D

Hi Robin,

I really liked both places. On the Nekton Belize, we didn't see a lot of macro. Diving was mainly medium and larger fish. You've seen my vids, so you know what I saw.

I will definitely return to both. If you want to concentrate on macro, do Cocoview. The house reef is a great place to experiment and practice. Macro video is tough, but with the easy shore dive access to the housereef, you can practice your skills in 3 ft of water for as long as you want.

Back
Top Bottom