Negril Jamaica or Ste_Lucy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_mtl_canada

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'am seeking for any information regarding diving in Negril and/ ste-lucy in january 2007.
What did you see (rays, sharcks, dolphins, etc)? what place is the best place to dive?

Thanck's a lot

You can also send me a mail

bbousquet agenceuber.com

Do you mean St. Lucia?

Use the search feature on the board and you will find reports on "Jamaica," "Negril," and "St. Lucia".

I dive Negril each June for the past few years and enjoy it but it's not the top of the "A-List" for Caribbean diving. The water is very clear, and a consistent 84-85F in the summer (I hear 80+ in the winter). The fish life is thin but we seem to see turtles on most every dive. Look for the macro (tiny) life and moray eels. Soft corals are very colorful, some areas look pretty thin. Currents are minimal to zero. Only a couple of very basic wrecks, nothing too exciting. Some really nice deep walls north near Green Island and Orange Island. My favorite site is "The Arches" because of the beautiful overhangs and swim-throughs. I'd suggest diving with Myron and Emilee at SunDivers if you have a choice. Otherwise Sandals, Couples, Breezes, Hedonism and Grand Lido all have diving included in the All-Inclusive prices, but you will only get 1 or 2 dives per day.

About St. Lucia, I know nothing.

Back
Top Bottom