Negative buoyancy Deep 6 Eddy fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anthony A.

Contributor
Reaction score
I know many here are impatiently waiting for a negative version of the incredible Eddy fin. Since there are plans by Deep6 (but no eta), I thought maybe this thread could help "nudge" @cerich and @LandonL to make an order quicker.

So everyone who wants a negative version, post here!!

And to make it interesting, what specific gravity does everyone want (or how negative)?

For me, i'd like the fin to be negative in salt water.... maybe 0.5lb or so (whatever that translates into "gravity"). I do recall a couple years ago Deep6 had a prototype version in the 1.4-1.5 gravity. How much does that equate to in lbs in salt water?

I would love a pair. Drysuit season is miserable without my Eddys.

I'd go for a pair as well. Currently use the Mares Power Plana, but their bungee strap is terrible and comes off in the surf.

I would definitely buy some Eddy fins to replace my Hollis F1 fins.

My XL F1 fins are 2# negative in fresh water.
My Regular F1 LT fins are 1# negative in fresh water.

I think my preference for a negative Eddy fin would be size XL to be roughly 1 - 1.5# negative, in fresh water.

@cerich You had previously mentioned a 1.4-1.5 gravity material. What negative wright amount would that translate into?
Would depend on flipper size, water salinity etc and no, I have not the calculations on hand

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom