Needing to adjust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver below 83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
D8150F98-8CA3-47B0-B2D3-31AC40F73456.jpeg
since I purchased the 1st and 2nd separately and not as an assembled set what’s the likelihood that I’ll need to adjust the IP on the 1st or 2nd stage? Or should they be good to go already?

I would highly recommend checking the IP on the first stage before a major trip. Get one of the guages that attaches to the bc qd.

I will throw out there that I have an XS Scuba "Alt Air" that is now permanently in my save-a-dive kit. I use a scubapro S600 second stage and Mk25 first. Several attempts by service techs could never get the regs adjusted so that both second stages breathed well. I eventually went with a different second stage for the octo to resolve the problem.

The Alt Air will probably work with your deep6 just like it worked with my mk25. It is uncomfortable to breathe from. It's one of the few scuba products I own that I have nothing good to say about.

I always match second stages. I don't want to donate or breathe on a budget reg.When things are all excitey, I don't want to add to it with craptastic performance from trying to be cheap. But yes, bet a small IP gauge and be sure you're between 135 and 150 on the first stage.

The Altair served 2 purposes when I purchased it. 1 it’s super slim and lightweight which most of my diving is on trips. So I’m either flying or packing. So space and weight is at a premium. Secondly I got. Killer deal on it new. $31. So even though I plan on eventually replacing it, the price and usage made it a easy choice for me to buy. I do plan on replacing it with another deep 6 2nd down the road

Secondly I got. Killer deal on it new.
Yeah, just what we need underwater: a "killer deal". 'Nuff said. You can put price over safety if you want. I certainly won't. I doubt there's much of a weight savings if any.

The Altair served 2 purposes when I purchased it. 1 it’s super slim and lightweight which most of my diving is on trips. So I’m either flying or packing. So space and weight is at a premium. Secondly I got. Killer deal on it new. $31. So even though I plan on eventually replacing it, the price and usage made it a easy choice for me to buy. I do plan on replacing it with another deep 6 2nd down the road
I bought mine because I loved the integrated clip. I am pretty sure I paid $50. I don't have any deep6 regs but I might get one someday. My Scubapro regs perform very well but their service sucks. It would be nice to be able to service my own. Really, though I'll probably go with Poseidon if I ever get around to ditching scubapro. I've been ogling Poseidon regulators for years now.

Yeah, just what we need underwater: a "killer deal". 'Nuff said. You can put price over safety if you want. I certainly won't. I doubt there's much of a weight savings if any.
I also got a killer deal on deep 6 items as well. Are you trying to say just because I got here at prices that means the equipment is garbage? You may not like the alt air and that’s fine. But I’ve used it. Worked perfect for what I need. So I’m happy.

I also got a killer deal
Let's hope it's not too "killer", but you should have bought 2.

I rarely buy anything solely due to price. When it comes to breathing under water, I especially don't like surprises which is why I match second stages. Atomics with Atomics, Deep 6 with Deep 6 and so on. I don't even get the cheaper version of the reg if they have one. There was a time I didn't do this and it was because I didn't want to spend the money. Then one day, someone on a wreck ran out of air and I gave them my primary and went to my secondary. The reg looked a lot like yours, but no clip. I was most unhappy on the way back to the boat. It was a wet breathe and felt detuned. If I could find it, I would gladly give you that reg. That experience changed my outlook, so I now match regs. But don't think you need to dive like I do. I'm just sharing my experience and my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom