Needing some new buddies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwest123

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some new people to dive with in the Seattle area. Just getting back into it after I was taken over by a 5 year obsession with snowmobiling. I am a couple weeks fresh off a diving in Maui and Lanai and really want to get back into the Sound. Just had all my gear serviced, fixed and updated. READY TO GO!
Prior to my break I dove quite a bit in the Sound and spent 2 years working in Lake Union and Washington U/W on the houseboats and docks. I have PADI Divemaster, Nitrox. I really would like to find some people into Photography that dive regularly. Thanks!

If you want the most active dive club in the NW, check out Marker Buoy Dive Club. Probably 60-80% are also in photo or video.

Interesting you mention Snow machines. I hear all the time how expensive scuba is. I wonder if folks are uninformed, or just peculiar about money issues.

Yeah I agree scuba is expensive. However I have friends that are into motocross, scuba is way less expensive the motocross, the guys with a KTM bike may have spent 20-40 times more on that gear then a nice scuba outfit.

Even golf, is equal in most cases. A few folks I know have 2000.00 in clubs and other stuff for golf. Diveing with a 7mm wetsuit and 7mm hooded jacket not a dry suit with good higherend gear is gonna run 2000.00 bucks, still cheaper then a guy on an equal quality roadbike and his gear, car carrier, shoes and clothing, bike computer etc.

Snowmachine beats the heck out of scuba for cost as does a harley, hunting gear and fishing gear will nickle and dime you to huge expense over the years. I simply don't see scuba costs being the deal breaker that many seem to feel it is.

I simply don't see scuba costs being the deal breaker that many seem to feel it is.

If you're diving local, own your own gear... Yeah, sure. Where SCUBA really gets you is associated costs to get to a good dive site. Flights, boat fees, resort, etc etc etc. A lot of people see diving as a tropical activity. Or if you're not near a coastline, a vacation activity. In that context, every dive trip is ~$2k-3k plus vacation hours.

We're kinda lucky here to have such great water within a few hours drive... rather than having to plunk around quarries till we scrape together enough cash to fly to Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom