Needing a critique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmc4x4

Contributor
Reaction score
New here and new to underwater photography. I got back from Cozumel on Wed. and have posted all my diving pictures on my personal website. I would really appreciate it if some of ya'll could take a peak and let me know what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong. I am using an IKELITE Auto 35 with the included A35 strobe. Not high dollar but so far it seems to be doing ok. Thanks....

http://www.celesteandluke.com/Diving/Photos/tabid/197/Default.aspx - Direct link to the pictures.

You will get better advice than me...but..

Try and get lower and closer.

There is a bit of backscatter. Turn off the strobe unless the subject is closer.

Download Picassa and play with "I am feeling lucky" buttons...they will fix contrast, fill light, etc very fast. (It is a free download from Google)

watch out...underwater photography is addicting!

catherine96821:
You will get better advice than me...but..

Try and get lower and closer.

There is a bit of backscatter. Turn off the strobe unless the subject is closer.

Download Picassa and play with "I am feeling lucky" buttons...they will fix contrast, fill light, etc very fast. (It is a free download from Google)

watch out...underwater photography is addicting!

Thanks I will try that. My second day photos came out MUCH better than the first day but I had no idea how I was doing until I had them developed. Stupid 35mm, gonna have to get a digital.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom