NEEDED: price concious boots, fins, mask, gloves, and snorkle.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zanzi123

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am taking my certification course and need these things. I would perfer for it to be price concious as possible and the stuff can be used or not such amazing quality.

I am a shoe siz 11.5 to 12.

Thanks!!!

I am a shoe siz 11.5 to 12.

Hi Zanzi123, I just listed a pair of Aqualung Blades 2 on eBay. They are "Giant" size which is mens 11-13. I also have one spare booties size 12 that I could add for $20. (The booties are only 3mm though, you might want 5mm or 7mm in Cali?) Both are well used but in good condition.

I can't seem to post a link yet because I am still new here, but if you click on the "albertinnyc's eBay auctions" in the left right under my name, they fins are the first item listed.

Thanks and good luck in your scuba class!!

Great, I will watch those.

Anybody else have anything???

Well the title says it all. I need to buy this stuff for my certification course.

Whats the cheapest package or gear I can get?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for a used mask I would suggest you visit your local shops to verify that it fits and is comfortable before buying it used.

I've got a brand new yellow ScubaMax snorkel that I'll let you have for $15 plus shipping.

I'm not gonna nit pick anything, so go used and cheap if you like except for the mask and fins.

I suggest a pair of jet style fins (Jet fins, slipstreams, those new hog ones, whatever) with spring straps. a good setup will be around $100 (new) but its worth it and they hold their value. Tech divers love them so if you decide you don't like them you can sell them for almost what you paid. That can't be said for the split fins or cheapo fins.

Also a mask is generally something you need to try on to get right. Thats not always true but most will agree I would think. However Dive Rite makes a mask that is guaranteed to fit/seal and I got mine online and its the best mask I have ever used. That wasn't a cheap mask at about $50 (new) but it's worth it IMHO.

If you live in warm water gloves wont be required but most times a hood is. You might look into one.

A cheap J-tube snorkel or the more expensive fold up snorkels are gonna be your best option. I have NEVER needed or carried a snorkel past my open water class.

Do you have a budget? PM me and I can shoot you some good sources to check out for gear. T

Try LeisurePro, Scubatoys or Divers Direct. All are highly regarded here. I've bought from all three more than once and have been very satisfied. Scubatoys especially ships fast...

Scubatoys has free Ground Shipping - mention you're a Scubaboard member for a 10% discount on anything you buy.

Note that LeisurePro offers their equivalent warranty on a lot of brands they sell, if they're offering the full mfr's warranty, you can likely get the same price locally as that's MSRP.

There's a vendor on eBay that has good deals on new stuff. Unrealfind.com I've bought fins from them.

At least for the mask, I second trying one on locally. My LDS sells good quality masks starting around $35. A leaking mask can be a nuisance when you're trying to enjoy diving. The pricier soft-skirt or soft-edge masks generally seal better.

Thanks guys, I am on a real budget and wat to get things as cheap as I can, like aslong as it does its job ok, thats fine.

If anyone else has any reccomendations, post them here.

Back
Top Bottom