Needed Dive Instructor recommendation Pensacola/Destin/Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCDiverBlue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

I was certified as a Junior/OW Diver with YMCA and lost my C-card which can't be replaced as I have tried. Even called SEI (Scuba Educators International) as they searched their records. I want to get certified again on a trip to Pensacola/Destin/Panama City in July. I got certified through YMCA because I believed it was the agency at the time with the best dive instructor in my area. Does anyone have any recommendations for dive instructors in Pensacola/Destin/Panama City Florida? Prior to making this post my plan was to go to either Bay Breeze Scuba or Panama City Dive Center and get certified through NAUI. Does anyone have a strong preference of one over the other?
I have about 40-60 dives (all non-technical except a couple of cave dives) but my last dive was 20 years ago. If I catch the bug again, then I may want to proceed to technical dives (deep/wreck).

Thanks in advance,
Malcolm

My only course experience was the quite a few I took with Emerald Coast Scuba (PADI) years ago in Destin. All good instructors. At one point the shop was declared something like best PADI shop in Western Hemisphere (something like that anyway).
Since you're in the area, I would consider Scuba New York (Central Ave. in Yonkers). I patronize them each summer, and have talked extensively with some of their instructors who seem to me to be very good in their approach. I believe they do their checkout dives at Dutch Springs in PA.

I did my AOW and nitrox with Jason Painter out of Pensacola. JS Dive

I was very happy with the instruction he provided and the flexibility he had with me (I was down there for work and the weather didn't always cooperate so we had to switch plans a few times to get everything done). Great guy and a very competent PADI instructor.

@jlcnuke. Thanks for the recommendation. He seems very qualified. I will keep him in mind.

I am not sure if the newcomers forum was the proper place to post this question. If there is another forum on the board that one would think that I would get more responses, please let me know.

thanks again.

Maybe under United States then click South Eastern United States then click Deep Dixie Divers. That covers the FL panhandle.

Hello Tom,

By coincidence of timing, I had just checked that group out. Does not seem to be that active but there is a Florida group which is far more active. I will post to both. I checked both on this subject and the last post on the subject was 10 years ago. Thanks

If you haven't already chose one already I would look into RAD, I've dove with them a few times and they are a super nice group. I've also dove with Panama City diving before, they are also great people. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom