need wrench in Houston tx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Daughter is in Huston and needs a battery cable replaced... anyone know of honest shop that I can send her to...

Thanks
jim

Do you have AAA? I know they replace batteries on sight, not sure about a cable though. At worst they would be able to recommend a shop.

I've never heard of Huston TX, nor has Google, so I guess you mean Houston? It's a huge city so knowing where she is would make it easier. I like O'Reilly's auto parts for sales & service and there are 3 locations scattered around the city, but a battery cable is no big deal - anyone should be able to do it reasonably.

I've never heard of Huston TX, nor has Google, so I guess you mean Houston? It's a huge city so knowing where she is would make it easier. I like O'Reilly's auto parts for sales & service and there are 3 locations scattered around the city, but a battery cable is no big deal - anyone should be able to do it reasonably.

I know its not a big deal.... Had dealer tell her the engine wiring harness needed to be replaced.. $1000.00 lol.. it would be cheaper to fly down and do it... I hate people who try and take advantage of others.
Jim...

I know its not a big deal.... Had dealer tell her the engine wiring harness needed to be replaced.. $1000.00 lol.. it would be cheaper to fly down and do it... I hate people who try and take advantage of others.
Jim...

If a dealer is saying the problem is an engine wiring harness, what makes you think it is just a battery cable?

If a dealer is saying the problem is an engine wiring harness, what makes you think it is just a battery cable?
because she sent me pictures and cut back the wire loom and the corrosion is just the end of the wire...

Last edited:
Tell her to go to WalMart and buy a few tools...
It saddens me to think that we, as a culture, have reached a point where any non-disabled person would feel they need a shop to change a battery cable.

It saddens me to think that we, as a culture, have reached a point where any non-disabled person would feel they need a shop to change a battery cable.
Or Walmart Auto. I got an alternator at O'Reilly's once, got the salesman to install it for me - no charge so I tipped him, and he said his usual job is Walmart Auto.

I have kept AAA for over 20 years, with my daughter on the same plan at a discount. Her husband is quite capable at little things, and I can do a few - but I like having them to help us as needed. We've had a light year in spite of her old car, but some years they do a lot - and there are other benefits. She also has an independent & honest mechanic available as need locally.

Harbor Freight has the best prices on things like wrenches. Home Depot usually has good service people to help, my store does, anyway. Both should have a wrench.
My father made a nice tool kit for me to keep in my truck. I travel with my horses by myself and need to fix things at times.

She would give it a shot... But... The son-in-law would lose "MAN" points.. If you understand that...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom