Need watch o-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi all,

I need to replace the rear o-ring on my dive watch. It is a - 025 and appears to be .8 diameter. Can't find any of the correct size online. Anyone have this o-oring in their bag of stuff I could buy off you? (Or a recommendation on where to look?)

Thanks,

Mark

mUHdhM.jpg
GRG8k5.jpg

It irritates me to pay Suunto $25 for a battery replacement kit. $0.15 tube of silicon, $0.20 O ring and a $4 battery.

In most cities there is a shop that specializes in O rings. They can correctly measure the dimensions of the O ring and its "hardness".

There will be a minimum purchase, so take all the different rings your rig uses and you replace. That way you don't end up with a multigenerational supply of rings for your watch.

After some searching I found: Watch Gasket Waterproof .80mm Thickness O-Ring Gaskets

I believe the one you need has an ID of 29.8mm but it could also be 30mm. I would double check or you could get both.

Hey, @Southside and @driftwood , thanks for the suggestions and info. I missed that website during my search.

P.S. last year, for the 1st time in my life, I was in Chicago. Actually made 4 trips there of two days each last year as I had a case in the Federal Court. Flew into O'Hare and took the Blue Line down to the Palmer House Hilton each time. Wish I had more opportunity to explore the city as I really enjoyed my limited time there.

How good is this!!!!!

Scuba lawyer,

I believe your initial post is inconsistent. If the Oring is an AS568-025 the cross-section is 1/16" and not 0.8 mm. Southside gave you a correct lead: Esslinger does sell metric 0.8 mm cross-sections Orings. But you still have to measure the ID diameter (suggest you use a caliper) to determine the exact size of Oring for your watch and then buy it from Esslinger.

Scuba lawyer,

I believe your initial post is inconsistent. If the Oring is an AS568-025 the cross-section is 1/16" and not 0.8 mm. Southside gave you a correct lead: Esslinger does sell metric 0.8 mm cross-sections Orings. But you still have to measure the ID diameter (suggest you use a caliper) to determine the exact size of Oring for your watch and then buy it from Esslinger.

You are correct (in that when it comes to watch orings I have no clue what I'm talking about) :) It isn't a -025 as the cross section is much less. That said, I am going to apply my electronic calipers to the offending timepiece and get an exact measurement (s). Appreciate your input. Happy to learn all I can. Mark

Hey, @Southside and @driftwood , thanks for the suggestions and info. I missed that website during my search.

P.S. last year, for the 1st time in my life, I was in Chicago. Actually made 4 trips there of two days each last year as I had a case in the Federal Court. Flew into O'Hare and took the Blue Line down to the Palmer House Hilton each time. Wish I had more opportunity to explore the city as I really enjoyed my limited time there.

Glad to help, I've developed my Google fu to where I can find pretty much any mechanical part used for manufacturing. Chicago is a great city! I had my senior prom at the palmer house and it is a fantastic venue. If you're ever in town for longer there is some great wreck diving in the big lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom