Need urgent help on Bio Fin sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judestudio

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a pair of Bio-fin online (I don't have access to a physical shop that carries the product here unfortunately).

I wear a woman's size 5 Seasoft hard-sole boots and size 6 dry boots (attached to my XCD2 Bare drysuit).

Question is, will I be able to fit in an extra-small of small? Even better, are there some kind souls out there that can give me some dimensions for the foot pockets??

I'm going away soon, so I'd need to make an order today....thanks guys!

Thank you for your question. The boots will be the big factor in the proper size between XS and SM.

We refer you to your local Kiwi distributor;
apollo-sports website

I'm about to buy a pair of Bio-fin online (I don't have access to a physical shop that carries the product here unfortunately).

I wear a woman's size 5 Seasoft hard-sole boots and size 6 dry boots (attached to my XCD2 Bare drysuit).

Question is, will I be able to fit in an extra-small of small? Even better, are there some kind souls out there that can give me some dimensions for the foot pockets??

I'm going away soon, so I'd need to make an order today....thanks guys!

I wear a XS (6/7) Seasoft Sunray hardsoled booties (but I think they're sized for men, I wear a 7-1/2 dress shoe) and have a pair of Small (original) Apollo Bio-fins. The booties fit a tad snug into the fins, but they're workable. The foot pocket on my fins are 4" wide by 3" high at the opening, and the foot-bed depth is 8". At the toe opening, the fins are about 1.25" in height.

Don't know if this helps at all .... but thought I'd give it a try!

Hope it works out for you .... I LOVE my bio-fins!! I've had mine for about 8 years now, and they're still going strong!

Yes, I'm having high hopes for them. I had been using Mares Volo Power, not too bad, but then the rubber bits are falling off the plastic after just a year of light use! Plus I get cramps all the time. So I went on and tried Force Fins having heard many good reviews with them...but I just didn't like them, I couldn't get the results everyone was talking about, it was just not efficient for me. If there was a special way of kicking to make them efficient, then that's just way too complicated.

And so now here I am, hoping Bio Fins are gonna do better.

I originally got mine because I'd recently had knee surgery and they were recommended for low stress on the knees. They worked so well, I've never tried anything else. Takes very little ankle movement to move with these, and I can really go fast if I put my legs into it. Only downside is they're pretty heavy, for travel anyway. But it wasn't worth saving a few ounces to try something lighter. About everything I looked at that was lighter didn't feel as well made as the bio-fins. I'm sure they really are fine, but just couldn't get past the perception.

I'll be interested to hear what you think once you get them, and give them a try!

Back
Top Bottom