Need to return Abyss octo (problems) to dealer, but won't return my emails......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speardoggin

Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased my Abyss 42 and abyss octo 7/27/09. My octo mesh grid keeps falling off during dives and it leaks air horribly. I have tried to contact the authorized dealer, scubastore, without any reply. I am supposed to have a replacement warranty within 3 months of purchase which is coming up soon. What do I do?

Jeff

I suggest you take your regulator to an authorized Mares dealer and ask them. The product has a warranty against defect for 2yrs with proof of purchase / receipt. I have not seen a 2nd stage cover come off right out of the box. Sounds like the clamp that holds the cover is not secured properly. As for the leaking air, probably a simple adjustment. Both of these can probably be remedied in a store. Note these are just possibilities and my recommendation is to go to a local dealer.

Sincerely,

I purchased my Abyss 42 and abyss octo 7/27/09. My octo mesh grid keeps falling off during dives and it leaks air horribly. I have tried to contact the authorized dealer, scubastore, without any reply. I am supposed to have a replacement warranty within 3 months of purchase which is coming up soon. What do I do?

Jeff

Speardoggin; you do know that scubastore is an overseas online retailer.You may have to send the item back to them for authorized warrenty work to be done.If you take it to a local dealer you may be charged for the repair.

go to MARES website and get a number for customer service. call them and explain what the problem is and get an RA#. send it back tothem and let the techs look at it. just make sure you send your proof of purchase and recipt with it so they will know if it is covered by the waranty

Speardoggin; you do know that scubastore is an overseas online retailer.You may have to send the item back to them for authorized warrenty work to be done.If you take it to a local dealer you may be charged for the repair.

An excerpt from the Mares warranty:

"MARES guarantees, to the original purchase only, that a MARES Product purchased from any Authorized MARES Dealer worldwide will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal recreational scuba use. All Authorized MARES dealers are listed on Mares - just add water.
The MARES Product warranty may differ for each piece of equipment and may differ by model year. Usually it is limited to a period of 2 years from the date of consumer’s purchase of the Product (“Warranty Period”) unless otherwise specified. This date must be verified by a valid sales document (tax receipt or sales receipt). For some categories and countries extended warranty policies not described herein may be applicable (e.g. for regulators, computers).
Warranty claims are only accepted upon return of the defective complete Product with the warranty certificate completed in full and signed by the Authorized MARES dealer, and accompanied by a valid sales document (tax receipt or sales receipt) showing the date of purchase."

Does not seem to matter where in the world the item was purchased as long as it was from an authorized dealer. Now, that probably does not mean that any LDS that is an authorized dealer for Mares is under any obligation to provide warranty service, but that is pretty much the nature of scuba gear retail. Except, of course, Leisurepro which, in addition to any manufacturer warranty that may apply, has it's own warranty for all gear they sell.

Back
Top Bottom