NEED to DIVE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VetteDrvr

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey we're on our way to Singapore/Thailand/Malaysia this week...we arrive Singapore Jan 7 and will be on island both 7 an 8 jan before we board a cruise to malaysia and thailand...then return again on 14 Jan. Our first stop is Thailand (Phuket) on 11 Jan then 2 stops in Malaysia 12 and 13 Jan. Looking for "AFFORDABLE" dives for 3 divers...last quote I got was in Singapore $250 per person for 2 dives + $60 for equip if we didn't bring our own (which because of the cruise we're considering not bringing). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! NEEDING TO GET WET!!!!:D

Scot

Looking for "AFFORDABLE" dives for 3 divers...last quote I got was in Singapore $250 per person for 2 dives + $60 for equip if we didn't bring our own (which because of the cruise we're considering not bringing).

Hi Scot,

That is way expensive for Thailand. Regardless if it is in Singaporean or USD. 2 dives + 250 USD would be 8,338 TBH. Are they going to charge you 60 USD for all the kit or per person? If so add another 2001 TBH for a total of 10,339 THB.

Are you all certified? If so, you could probably dive for under the Singapore amount for all three of you! You may want to skip diving via Singapore and look for a Malaysian or Thai option. Just look around a few dive websites to get an idea of price. If you were willing to spend that kind of money consider a short liveaboard to the Similans. Two nights may be perfect. Factor in hotel savings by combining diving and you can't go wrong IMO. Even if you need an AOW course it sounds like the price will be much better than your are expecting. I am sure some of the Phuket crowd will provide additional advice.

Save diving,

Arizona

Arizona,

Thanks for the reply...am looking at diving Thailand right now, found daytrips starting at $85 USD for 2 dives and $15 for equipment per person....Yea knew that $250 + $60 was WAY too expensive for 2 dives...Hopefully the "right" person will see this post (and the other I have on the Malaysia/Singapore page) and help us in "getting wet" on our trip. Thanks again

You can definitely do better price wise, but don't let that be the final determiner. The market is competitive so most shops should be in the same ballpark.

Hi Scot,

Are you staying on the cruise ship while you are in Phuket? If you are, you probably don't have time to join a daytrip boat and would need to take your own boat off the beach. Where will the boat stop in Phuket?

No we will be disembarking for a day ashore 0830-1800 I think... Have contacted a couple of dive shops in Thailand and working details for our day ashore....Have made plans to do just island tours in Singapore with night time Zoo trip and a MUST stop at Harley and HardRock!!! thanks for all the tips!!! Can't wait to dive!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom