Need Teammate: UTD "Tech 2+" Crossover - San Diego - Nov 14/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a custom class being taught by Andrew Georgitsis geared toward reasonably experienced GUE T1 divers (>25 T1 dives) looking to add a bottom stage or a second deco gas (O2 in addition to 50%), but not interested in the depths or costs associated with UTD Trimix 1 or GUE Tech 2. The class will be two days (Nov 14/15), one of critical skills and one of experience dives. We will be in San Diego both days. First day will be at LJ Shores, second day will be on the Yellow Boat hitting the Cape Charles (160') and the Missile Tower (160'). My mom's down in San Diego and is willing to host us. Cost is $400 for the class + boat/gas.

Let me know soon if you're interested in joining.

-Christopher

See below for AG's description of the class:

----------------------------

What we would do is a custom class. What you are looking for is two days worth of education that covers using a stage bottle and all the potential risks (critical skills ) as well as using O2 (plus 50%) to deco and all the potential risks. As well as gaining experience with the stage and o2 in the real environment. Upon completing I would give you a UTD Technical Diver card with an O2 endorsement. Easy. BTW I would open the Technical Online Classroom materials to you guys (no charge) to ensure you were on the same page as UTD and you would have to fill out the registration/medical/waiver and release (no charge) so I could process your cert card.

The dive schedule would be

Day 1 - 4 total dives
Dive 1 - Warm up drills
Dive 2 - Critical Skills
Dive 3 - Recovery and Practice drills
Dive 4 - Critical Skills

Day 2 - Two long deep dives...
Dive 1 - 160' with stage and nitrox 50
Dive 2 - 160' Back gas, 50% and O2

The cost is $400 or $200 per day of instruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom