Need Swimmaster Wideview Mask and Farallon Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania

Diving Polymath
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
On a large pile of smokin' A'a, the most isolated
# of dives
5000 - ∞
If anyone has available (or comes across) either of these items please let me know. I need both rather badly.

Thanks,

Thal

Top - Farallon snorkel
Middle - Aqualung knife
Bottom - Nemrod snorkel

Picture.jpg

(top) Is this the type of snorkel you're looking for?

That is the small mouthpiece snorkel. The one in both pictures of my avatar (the pictures are 35 years apart) is the standard Farallon snorkel. It is molded to my bite and I still use it… sorry it is not for sale. Anyways, I don’t think Thal would want it in its used condition.

The mouthpiece tabs on that one look new and never molded. The reflecting tape is partially missing, but that is very common for those snorkels. I hope Thal can use the small mouthpiece type since in general that one looks good.

Good luck

About 25 years ago I was giving private lessons to a guy who's son was watching from the background. I had a Farallon adjustable snorkel with the bite tabs like the top one in Dale's pictures. I explained that I really liked it because not only was the bottom adjustable, had custom molded mouthpiece, and also had a flexible barrel. Well, when this gentleman got in the pool, for some reason he just couldn't seem to position his standard snorkel on his mask strap in a way that did not point the open end directly into the water. I accused that poor man of everything from having a warped head to having a crane neck. Finally I had a look at his snorkel only to find that his son had "adjusted it for him."

I have several Swimaster Wide View masks.

Which particular model are you searching for?

I did have a used Farallon snorkel -- the tabs have been activated

At one time the moldable tabs were available at sporting goods stores--they were used in a boxer or a foot ball player's protective mouth piece... We do not have a sporting goods store locally so cannot verify.

Cheers SDM 111

I have several Swimaster Wide View masks.

Which particular model are you searching for?

I did have a used Farallon snorkel -- the tabs have been activated

At one time the moldable tabs were available at sporting goods stores--they were used in a boxer or a foot ball player's protective mouth piece... We do not have a sporting goods store locally so cannot verify.

Cheers SDM 111
I'm looking for the neoprene skirt with the big hog nose purge.

It's easy to remold the snorkel tabs, just reboil.

I assume that you have found and aquired the items
Dale was kind enough to send me a snorkel, I still need a replacement mask.

That was very kind of Dale our Canadian diving friend. I am not as generous.

The first night of lobster season in 1956 I had dove all night at the LA break water. When I returned home a friend called to go diving again and who can turn down an offer the first day of bug season?

I was totally fatigued, It was very foggy, minus tide, slight swell, but away we went --All this contributed to an accident -- I washed in to a reef, destroying and my brand new Squalle mask and the left side of my face..165 stitches .

After the operations and recovery I returned to diving using my homemade Sturgil mask (see "The Mask ", Legends of Diving Scuba Diving and Recreation Center in Northwest Ohio - Portage Quarry ) The old stand by Sturgil mast would fit but was very uncomfortable. So I contacted Art Brown of Spearfisherman who sold me the first of many Wide Views. I have several, some in original boxes all which have been stored in a 50 caliber ammo box since they were manufactured

There are a number of "Wide views"
*** Model are you looking for?

*** What price are you expecting to pay?

sdm

Back
Top Bottom