Need suggestions for dive sites and shop in Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disal

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I’ll be in Kauai from July 5th to July 18th. I can probably do 2,3 dive tours (2 tanks each). What are the top dive sites do you recommend? I will stay around Poipu beach, what dive shop nearby preferably with pick up, do you recommend? Thank you

I've always used and really liked Fathom FIve Divers in Poipu, both for shore diving (Koloa Landing in Poipu and Tunnels Beach on the north shore) and boat diving out of Poipu. For boat dive sites, let the Captain decide what is best for the day's conditions when doing a local dive. However, be sure to book a trip out to Ni'ihau ("The Forbidden Island"). That island is privately owned, has never had any intensive agriculture or industry and is surrounded by supremely clear water, jaw dropping underwater topography and critters who don't see divers very often.

Call and book your dives asap! We (all kauai dive shops) are crazy crazy busy and booking up quick. "Explore Kauai Scuba" is already almost fully booked up (99% full) for July and first half of August already. It's nuts here right now.

I second the Niihau Trip! The shops were busy while I was there a couple weeks back- The crew at Bubbles below were very helpful. I don't know if the weather has cleared up, but a south wind was blowing out the Koloa Landing while I was there. I didn't book with any shops on the north side this time, but did a shore dive near tunnels last time I was there. Hope you're enjoying your stay!

Back
Top Bottom