Need SSI Check-out Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burrier84

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! Recommendations for who to use for my SSI checkout dives in Coz? There next week!!!
Thanks!

Not sure if this is 100% right but PADI instructors have signed off on mine in the Bahamas - the referral form says what you need I think. There is a SSI shop there though - thinking of the name...... Papa Hogs and Salty Endevors is what I was thinking, seen the banner at Papa Hogs

Not sure if this is 100% right but PADI instructors have signed off on mine in the Bahamas - the referral form says what you need I think. There is a SSI shop there though - thinking of the name...... Papa Hogs and Salty Endevors is what I was thinking, seen the banner at Papa Hogs
Thanks Chuck

The last I knew, PADI was not a participant in the Universal Referral Program. A PADI instructor might do the checkout dives and then issue a PADI card, instead of returning the Universal Referral Program form to the originating SSI shop so it can issue an SSI card. A PADI card might not matter that much to the student, but if the student likes the original instructor, do him or her a favor and do the check-out with an SSI shop or someone who will honor the Universal Referral.

Edit: Some (many?) PADI instructors will honor the Universal Referral, but PADI doesn’t require rhem to.

We can sign off on an SSI referral as well. Arturo is both NAUI and SSI and we sign off on SSI regularly.

We can sign off on an SSI referral as well. Arturo is both NAUI and SSI and we sign off on SSI regularly.

Is there a reason why you don't list NAUI or SSI availability on your website?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom