Need someone with Cochran dive software???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrice0406

Registered
Reaction score
Long story short. I bought a couple of nitrox commanders, one of them had the nitrox function turned off. I'm looking for someone who can turn the NITROX function back on or the software to turn it back on myself. From my understanding, it's pretty simple IF you have the software. I'm in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. 33410. Will ship computer if needed. Thanks for any help. Matt

I haven't used one in years, but IIRC, you could use a wet finger and a coin to set these without having the software. I may see if I can find an old one in the basement, throw a battery in it and see if I can work my way through the process. I don't remember if you could turn Ntrox on and off on them as I would never have gotten one without these functions enabled.

It takes software to toggle the nitrox setting. The wet finger and coin settings adjustments don't allow access to that menu which is why I'm looking for someone with the software. Thanks for the replies hopefully someone will chime in that has the software. Cochran went out of business in 2020, not sure that makes it museum-worthy yet :)

It takes software to toggle the nitrox setting. The wet finger and coin settings adjustments don't allow access to that menu which is why I'm looking for someone with the software. Thanks for the replies hopefully someone will chime in that has the software. Cochran went out of business in 2020, not sure that makes it museum-worthy yet :)
Correct, I bought an EMC-14 from the DAN auction in 2005 for nearly nothing. It did not have nitrox enabled. I had to take it to a Cochran dealer/service center to have the nitrox turned on. Even when Cochran was still quite active, it was not easy to find a local dealer. I finally found an old shop in Philadelphia, Diving Bell, that is gone now.

Perhaps your best bet would be to try to find a shop that used to, service/sell Cochran computers. Maybe one of them still has the software and could enable your computer.

Good luck

I believe the end user will have it but it had to be purchased along with the USB connector. I have a copy of it along with the USB connector (I have a Gemini and EMC-16). I live in Texas so if you don't get any bites closer to home, I'd be willing to look into for you.

Is this software that was only available to dealers? Or would end users have it also?

I believe the end user will have it but it had to be purchased along with the USB connector. I have a copy of it along with the USB connector (I have a Gemini and EMC-16). I live in Texas so if you don't get any bites closer to home, I'd be willing to look into for you.

No, sorry, only a dealer/service center would be able to upgrade to nitrox. The Cochran download software, certainly, does not include this capability

Thanks Man. Pm Sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom