Need some opinion or advice on UW Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a problem with the locking knob. The Isotta has dual o-rings but I believe that the Nauticam has a single o-ring. Nauticam has a vacuum system whereas Isotta does not. However you can fit a 3rd party vacuum system to the Isotta. I don't know of anything bad about Nauticam. I just quite like to have things that are different.

On my last LOB trip someone misplaced their Nauticam vacuum pump and kicked up a fuss. I tried to ignore it, but if I am not mistaken, someone may have been accused of theft. Also, with lots of Nauticams, the boat crew at times had trouble figuring out which Nauticam belonged to whom, but they never had trouble figuring out which camera was mine.

I acutally have 2 Isotta housings - one for my RX100 Mk5A and one for my GoPro Hero 7. I carry both cameras with the GoPro mounted on the RX100's cold shoe. I'm quite happy with the setup.

Does the Isotta allows the use of the built-in flash? Cause I just found out I really need strobes for the Nauticam as it's been designed to use the built-in flash as a trigger... Which is a bummer. Haha.

You should be able to use the built in flash with the Isotta. I don’t since I only do video.

Nauticam Housing - you cant beat the ergonomics, shutter release trigger (on easytray/flexitray) and resale value...we all want to upgrade at some point!

So my question now is is it possible to use the built-in flash with the Nauticam?

Nauticam housing only has two little fiber optic ports rather than a full window - you can use the built-in flash to trigger strobes, but not to light things up on its own.

Nauticam housing only has two little fiber optic ports rather than a full window - you can use the built-in flash to trigger strobes, but not to light things up on its own.
Oh man... Looks like I got to spend money on strobes next...bummer.

On the upside, a good pair of strobes can outlast multiple cameras and housings.
Yeah... Definitely looking forward to rhat. Got to choose a good yet affordable strobe.

I don't have a problem with the locking knob. The Isotta has dual o-rings but I believe that the Nauticam has a single o-ring. Nauticam has a vacuum system whereas Isotta does not. However you can fit a 3rd party vacuum system to the Isotta. I don't know of anything bad about Nauticam. I just quite like to have things that are different.

On my last LOB trip someone misplaced their Nauticam vacuum pump and kicked up a fuss. I tried to ignore it, but if I am not mistaken, someone may have been accused of theft. Also, with lots of Nauticams, the boat crew at times had trouble figuring out which Nauticam belonged to whom, but they never had trouble figuring out which camera was mine.

I acutally have 2 Isotta housings - one for my RX100 Mk5A and one for my GoPro Hero 7. I carry both cameras with the GoPro mounted on the RX100's cold shoe. I'm quite happy with the setup.

For the prices for UW housing, EVERY housing should have dual o-rings. But I do like my vacuum pump on my Nauiticam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom