Need some opinion or advice on UW Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ash176

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,
I've been a photographer all my life but recently took up diving. I want to take photos underwater and I'm having problem deciding on the best housing for my Sony RX100M4.

I'm torn between the Nauticam, Isotta and Fantasea housing. I want a system that I can slowly build for more professional photos. And I dun think I will upgrade the M4 anything soon as it's a special gift from a special someone.

So I would like to ask the majority of the underwater photographers here of their preferred housing. Thank you.

I've been scouring the Net and mostly the search came up with Nauticam or Fantasea or Aquapazza or Ikelite but I seldom see Isotta being use. Any one got any thoughts as to why?

If on a budget, get the Fantasea. It will serve you well.
If not, get the Nauticam.
I wouldn't mess with any other options as the two above are both widely used and have very good reputations.

If on a budget, get the Fantasea. It will serve you well.
If not, get the Nauticam.
I wouldn't mess with any other options as the two above are both widely used and have very good reputations.
My initial thought was to go with the norm. The ones which majority of the people uses. I had actually bought the Fantasea but returned it back a day later in favour of the Nauticam. Because it seems that aluminium body is the way to go for me if I'm going to built it up slowly.

I don't think you'll regret that decision especially as you say the camera has sentimental value to you.

I went with Isotta and am quite happy with it. On my last LOB there were about a dozen Nauticams and I was quite glad that I did not have one.

I went with Isotta and am quite happy with it. On my last LOB there were about a dozen Nauticams and I was quite glad that I did not have one.

Can you expand on this (i.e., what's bad about the Nauticam; what's better about the Isotta)? You've made me curious about the Isotta.

Can you expand on this (i.e., what's bad about the Nauticam; what's better about the Isotta)? You've made me curious about the Isotta.
Yeah... I would like to know why you prefer Isotta too. I was looking at it at the shop. Love the red anodied body. But I simply hated the locking knob. If they had made it rectangular shape, I would have a hard time deciding between it and Nauticam.

Back
Top Bottom