Need Some Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybombs25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok I posted this earlier without much feedback, but we are at a point now where we NEED feedback from other divers who would be using the site. We are in the process of putting together a complete online scuba guide for the Caribbean. However, it would be very helpful if divers could take a look at the site and tell us what they like and what its missing and what kind of information they are seeking. This would be a free guide for diving in the Caribbean to get infromation on dive sites, dive ops and hopefully accomodation and such. So far there are only two islands up in entirety, St. Lucia and Grenada as a sort of pilot. Thinking of adding features like Caribbean photo of the week and such.

Caribbean Scuba Guide ~ Your Guide to Diving the Caribbean

Feedback is much appreciated
Thanks

I pretended that I have a week's vacation in Grenada coming up, and visited your site. It didn't give me nearly enough info to be truly useful. You list a number (a pretty small number) of dive sites, but they are not linked to a map. There is no way to tell WHERE they are, or how far they might be from my hotel. Are these boat dives or shore dives? No way to tell. Where can I get air fills for shore diving? No info given.

Sites are classified according to the experience level needed to dive them. The "Vet" classification is defined as: "Vet - Site is suitable only for divers who possess a high level of skill and comfort". All this is too vague to be useful. What is it about the site that puts it in the Vet category? Is the site subject to strong & unpredictable currents? If it is a shore dive, how far is it from shore? Etc.

One specific recommendation I have is that you should provide the GPS coordinates of all marked sites, and the entry points to shore dives. More and more vacation divers are bringing a handheld GPS along.

it's a good website, ease of use and well laid-out.

As Alex777 mentioned, a map showing the location of the divesites would be useful.
Plus links to the dive ops as well, so that people can view further information about what each dive op offers compared to the others.

plus, based on the other point that Alex777 mentioned about air-fills. I know for St Lucia that a non-national cannot dive without a licenced Dive Leader present (it's on the slumaffe website), not sure if this is relevant to the other islands.

HTH

Lottie :eek:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom