need some advise on sizing!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hoping the rep might give me an idea of which way to go here

Im picking up my Oceanic Probe lx tomorrow (in fact im buying a whole Oceanic package cause they suckered me in with the free bag!! lol)

I tried on the medium and the large today, and the large feels most comfortable, but...

the tables on the oceanic website figures sizing as follows: sizing

Im 5,9 (medium)200 libs (large)
no idea my chest size
and my waist is a 36 or so (large to extra large)

I do plan on dropping a few inches off my waist in the coming weeks (bringing me down to small thru medium) and thus will lose a few pounds (say 10) which places me in the large to extra large arena, SOOO.....

Which size to get? I like the comfort of having the BC sit down around my hips rather than above them, but im concerned that once i lose the weight i will flop around inside a bc which is too large for me...HELP!! (=

Jay

Scuba-Jay:
I like the comfort of having the BC sit down around my hips rather than above them (=Jay

You mean like a rumpled corduroy sport coat with patches on the elbows?

Scuba-Jay,

Good choice on the package. The travel bag is a nice one. Without seeing the BC on you and just going by your above e-mail a large might be a little better in the long run. If you do take off the pounds, the BC should still fit well and if needed you can put in a smaller cummerbund at a later date. Enjoy the new equipment.

Regards,
Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom