need some advice....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taucher

Reaction score
I have been using an sea & sea MX-5 II with a YS-20A strobe, and now want to upgrade. I have a 4 year old Olympus C3000-zoom and am debating wherther to get a housing and strobe for my 4 year old camera, or get a new camera, housing, and strobe. Anyone have any recommendations?
I am considering the Ikelite housing and ikelite DS-125 strobe for my C3000. If I go this route, any suggestions as to TTL or sync cord? I believe the C3000 is TTL compatible, right??

If I go new, I woluld probable go for the Olympus C5060 as I really love my C3000 as a land camera. I would probably pair the C5060 with the Ikelite housing and the same DS-125 strobe.
Now, kepp in mind I really like my current camera and wouldn't mind saving a few $$$ and not have to buy a new camera. I would appreciate and hints or advice. Trying to get this all sorted out and purchased prior to a mid-June diving trip to Mexico. Thank in advance for any help.

If you're satisfied with your C-3000, don't think you need more than a 3MP camera, the cheapest way to go is an Oly housing. I think you'd need a PT-10. It's out of production but Yuzo still has them.

If you plan to make prints, then I'd go with the 5050 or 5060/Ikelite set-up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom