Need shop locations in west (and west of) fort worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As some of you all know i will be working again this summer on possum kingdom lake for the scout camp on the waterfront and as the camps diver.

but what im needing is a list of shops in the area of PK or as far as west fort worth were i can get air fills(nitrox to 32%, 36%, and 40%) and misc gear i might need while im out there.

well if anyone is one pk on the weekends feel free to come by the camp to see if im available, would be glad to go dive with any of the swampers. (PM me before sunday at 6pm and i will give you all of the contact info)

Scubatooth

Scubatooth:
what im needing is a list of shops in the area of PK or as far as west fort worth were i can get air fills(nitrox to 32%, 36%, and 40%) and misc gear i might need while im out there.

I know of Lone Star Scuba, 2815 Alta Mere, 817-377-3483. Its' just off I30 and south a couple of blocks, it's inside the loop.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

ScubaSphere
6703 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116

I'm not sure about the telephone number, but they're in the phone book.

ScubaTexan:
ScubaSphere
6703 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116

I'm not sure about the telephone number, but they're in the phone book.

ScubaSphere does not fill nitrox, neither does Lone Star Scuba.

I usually get mine from Tuckers Dive shop in Grand Prairie, but that's a little far for you.

How about Southern Scuba then? Alec should have Nitrox, shouldn't he?

..yes, ScubaTexan, Alec @ Southern Scuba has Nitrox....he'll custom blend whatever Nitrox 'mix' you request....but I'd contact him 1st to set up an 'appointment' to get your fills/gear, as he doesn't keep 'regular' store hours. (he's located pretty much on the TWC campus)

Tucker's Dive Shop (Grand Prarie) also does 'custom' Nitrox mixes.....if you buy an air 'card' from Bruce you can get 10 Nitrox fills (anything up to 40%) for $100.

Karl

P.S. ...both shops use 'partial-pressure' Nitrox blending, so, of course, your Nitrox tanks will have to be oxygen-clean.

I knew Alec had moved his store from the South Freeway, but I wasn't certain where he had moved to.

Hi ScubaTexan,

......Southern Scuba's new address is 3453 E. Vickery......there's no sign out front, so you have to drive slow and keep your eyes peeled. He can be contacted @ tekdiver@charter.net

I'm reluctant to provide his cell#........ but he can decide to 'release' that number to you himself.

I do know he's planning another trip to Akumal, Mexico the 3rd week of Sept 2004 (a week of cave diving...I went 'down' there for a week with him last Sept too) so if you're interested in that sort of thing do let him know...a very unique experience...certainly the most 'alien' but stunningly beautiful dive location on earth......it almost defies description that such a place really exists.....mere words are insufficient to describe it.....and even the photos barely begin to do it justice...it would be the experience of a lifetime!

It's a teaching trip, so you don't have to be cave certified to go, but you'd need to think about what level of certification appeals to you.....and I think he's close to the point where pricing will be finalized and deposits taken......using last year as a point of reference, you'd be looking at about $1500 total for the trip and $700 in instructor fees for full-cave certification, so it would net out to $2200--$2300 grand total........not including any gear you'd need to buy/rent......luckily I bought all my gear last year so that's covered this year.

Karl

LOL....it's not for me. I was just helping Scubatooth try to find someplace in Fort Worth that does Nitrox fills. See the top of this thread.

Thanks for the info, though.

Hi ScubaTexan,
.....don't worry, it wasn't that I'd lost track of the original thread......from your mention of Southern Scuba it sounded like you wanted to get in touch with Alec, so that's why I volunteered the info...and for anyone else that might have been interested in the contact info.

......well, gotta hit the hay now.....headin' to Clear Springs tomorrow morning as Tucker's Dive Shop is having a fun-dive day.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom