Need replacement oxygen analyzer for intermittent use. Long lasting sensors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made my own Arduino based analyzer which is sensor brand neutral/agnostic and just buy any "reasonably priced" sensor such as the ones offered by Dive Gear Express. DGX also has a sensor for the palm D that claims to have a 36 month life. I might try that once my current one is consumed.
Yes, I have a palmO2 on which the original sensor lasted more than 3 years (actually close to 4) before it could no longer calibrate successfully. This was used very intermittently (maybe a few times a month for 10 months a year), and I stored it in a ziplock bag in a dry box between uses. I believe this storage may have contributed to its longevity, as it is kept at lowish PO2 , which goes down as the sensor processes the air in the bag, but not so low as to put the sensor to sleep (like vacuum or inert gas bath would).
When the sensor finally did conk out, I bought the replacement one from DGX, and it has been almost 3 years now, during which I have hardly used it at all (lost my source of "free" nitrox, my compressor is air-only, and I have a trimix analyser I use for mix), but it still calibrates correctly in air or O2.

Reactions: Pao
Yes, I have a palmO2 on which the original sensor lasted more than 3 years (actually close to 4) before it could no longer calibrate successfully. This was used very intermittently (maybe a few times a month for 10 months a year), and I stored it in a ziplock bag in a dry box between uses. I believe this storage may have contributed to its longevity, as it is kept at lowish PO2 , which goes down as the sensor processes the air in the bag, but not so low as to put the sensor to sleep (like vacuum or inert gas bath would).
When the sensor finally did conk out, I bought the replacement one from DGX, and it has been almost 3 years now, during which I have hardly used it at all (lost my source of "free" nitrox, my compressor is air-only, and I have a trimix analyser I use for mix), but it still calibrates correctly in air or O2.
Three year old thread...

Back
Top Bottom