Need repair on Hollis led25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheephead

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought my first can light in Jan. of 2016, a Hollis led25.
It now flickers off during my dive, even with a full charge.

I tried to speak to Hollis / Huish about it. They sent an RMA link, but my RMA request gets returned as rejected stating:
"item is unserviceable."
Is there any small repair shop that might could help me out?
It was a pricey purchase for me.
Any advice appreciated.

Brian

Any updates Brian? These lights are a lot of money, I hope you got some satisfaction. I bought my LED25 in 9/14, Last week it let me down for the first time. Three years of reliable performance is not enough for a $900 light.

Scott

Update: So Huish will not give an RMA# because they no longer service or support the light. No parts no replacements no warranty. I've got the light at the dive shop I bought it from the tech there thinks it's bad switch and is digging for a replacement. I'm hoping for the best but wishing I bought the Halcyon.....

My Led25 experienced a leak in the battery canister through the power cord fitting. In the power cord connector there was a small gap between the o-ring and power cord. This was because the new power cord compressed a bit when assembled and lost some elasticity. The leak corroded the contacts on the power switch which caused the light to be dim, intermittent or not to illuminate at all. I also noted moisture in the light head. In my case, Hollis repaired this at no charge. I now regularly inspect the interior of the canister and the light head for moisture. Since the repair 3 years ago, I have not experienced any problems. I should point out that the switch, rubber boot, power cord, power cord fitting, etc. are all standard electronic parts available through electronics catalogs.

Mine leaked at the lens bezel and fried the LED. Cutting my loses and selling the battery and charger on eBay. Gonna get a light monkey like I should have done in the first place. If you need the other head parts let me know before I toss them. The switch and wire contacts never saw an water.

I'm done with Hollis and cutting my losses. Sold off most of my Hollis SM gear, but still holding on to my SMS100 for awhile, although that was discontinued by them as well. I also have quite a few friends that invested heavily in the Explorer Rebi's (despite my objections), and they are now out in the cold as well. I guess I should feel lucky to only be out of $900. I'm wondering if the Prisim 2 will be next on Huish's chopping block. Again let be know if you want the parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom