Need reading recommendations on shipwrecks ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all! This is my first post at the forums and while I am hopelessly clumsy when it comes to all things water related, I have recently become completely enamored with stores of discovering and exploring shipwrecks. I've read Shadow Divers and several other books on the Titanic, Brittanic, and the Edmund Fitzgerald, but I'm having a hard time locating additional books on the subject. Can anyone recommend some books on the subject? Thanks!!

Hi ZieDiverGirl:

Try Shipwrecks: Diving the Graveyard of the Atlantic, Graveyard of the Atlantic: Shipwrecks of the North Carolina Coast, Deep Descent: Adventure and Death Diving the Andrea Doria, and maybe The Last Dive: A Father and Son's Fatal Descent into the Ocean's Depths. I am not too crazy on the last one but maybe I just need to read it again.

Happy reading and to ease that clumsiness in the water, get in the water a bit more if you can (you know, practice makes better). If you live in a place that you have to take a boat trip out, well, you just got a reading list to pick from to keep your mind of the boat ride.

I hope this helps. :)

With kind regards,
Thomas

those are all excellent recommendations

i'd suggest Last Dive and Deep Descent first ... very nice reads

Deep Descent
Dark Descent (both by Kevin McMurray)
Shipwreck Hunter (Gerry Volgenau)
Fatal Depth (Joe Haberstroh)

Back
Top Bottom