Need plastic source....see inside...rigid flexible plastic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medcop

Reaction score
I need some plastic (or whatever it is) sheets that is used in dive gear such as the Dive Rite Buttplate or the Optima Rebreather Cover.

It is a rigid yet flexable plastic of some type..anyone know what it is or where to get it?

Calendared PVC sheeting material. If all you need is a couple of small pieces (12 x 12 inches) buy a binder at the Office supply store and cut from it what you need. Otherwise look at McMaster Carr website. Their sure to have what you need. I'd do the binder first.

Calendared PVC sheeting material. If all you need is a couple of small pieces (12 x 12 inches) buy a binder at the Office supply store and cut from it what you need. Otherwise look at McMaster Carr website. Their sure to have what you need. I'd do the binder first.

Don't think that is heavy duty enough.

I suspect that the buttplate and the rebreather cover are different plastics with different characteristics. For good advice on choosing a type of plastic you'd need to be more specific about either the application or your requirements (stiffness/flexibility, impact resistance, UV resistance, machinability, etc).

Of course, you only asked where to get it. Some good sources are:

McMaster-Carr
Ultem Sheets, Delrin, Acetal, Teflon, Plastic, PVC Rods, UHMW and HDPE Sheets
SmallParts.com: The Hardware Store for Researchers and Developers

D

Get a hold of Allied Plastics. They had the best deal on plastics when I needed it. They have a place in Dallas and some others.

Try Kydex. It can be molded but retains a certain amount of flexibility. Its also used in pistol holsters. Do a search for it. Many many uses.

WOW! This is only about a 12 year old thread... haha

Actually as far as buttplates for the Transpac goes, I would just keep my ears open for deals. I got mine for $10.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom