Need PADI OW Checkout in Negril, Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hiya:

A student of mine was unable to do his checkouts last weekend thanks to the weather.

Can anyone reccomend a good instructor/shop/whatever for him to do his PADI OW checkouts in Negril in a week or so?

He is staying at the Coco Lapalms (or somthing like that).

I know about Jamaica and diving- been there done that- but I want to help him find the best experience he can get.

Thanks in advance!!!

Have him check with Myron at SunDivers located at Point Village, Negril. Myron is a PADI Instructor and has trained many divers. Great attitude - very safe yet fun - and great guy. He will make sure you guy knows what he is doing and keep him safe.

I found the following page thru Google with several dive shops in Jamaica. It includes a link to a phone number at SunDivers and Negril Scuba Center, the only 2 public Negril dive ops I know about:

http://www.3routes.com/ca/jama/

Ah! I knew they had a web site and it took me a little time to find it.

http://www.sundiversnegril.com/

I second Willar's recommendation of SunDivers. Myron is excellent. He certified my wife at both OW and AOW. He is safety focused yet will make the time underwater a pleasure. The operation has well maintained equipment. All dives are drift dives. One often used location for certification is called Fish Pond (35fsw); there, of course, are other sites.

Coco La Palm is among one of the nicer resorts in Negril (smallish and right on the beach). It is right in the center of the Long Bay Beach (aka 7 mile beach).

Historically, the Samsara hotel was the location of Marine Life Divers, but I was unable to verify they are still in business.

Sundivers is the place, without doubt.
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom