Need PADI instructor recommendation in Seattle area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

Asking for a friend who wants to get certified in the Seattle area, and is looking for a recommendation of a good instructor. She is pretty set on going with PADI at this point, though I did recommend a good NAUI instructor that I know.

Thanks!

Ted

Thanks for the message Kosta!

Tbone, she wants to do most of her open water training here in the US, and finish in Thailand in the "warm water" since she's a pretty uncomfortable thinking of diving in our cold water. It seemed that PADI was the best option for her to be able to do the check out dives overseas. I suggested to her that it would be better to complete the training here, but I didn't push her too hard and risk scaring her away from getting certified at all. Also she has several friends that are PADI certified and they are telling her that PADI is the best option. I'm also primarily PADI, but I let her know that there are other great options out there, and that she could be confident in those other options no matter what training she wanted to do in the future.

I'd highly recommend any of the instructors at Silent World in Bellevue. The owners are top notch and all of the instructors that I've interacted with are great. They are an SDI shop (full disclosure I'm an SDI, TDI, and SSI instructor) but certs easily move back and forth between cert orgs.

Not sure how far from Seattle you are, but Pete is an awesome PADI instructor in the Tacoma area. (Adventures in Diving) I'm 2 dives away from finishing my open water certification with him, and would highly recommend him for initial certification.

I'll suggest Kosta......a very experience instructor that has been trained by some of the most stringent agencies out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom