Need Opinions on Suex XJOY 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny Wishbone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So the wife is in the market for a DPV and I came across a used Suex XJO7 but I know almost nothing about the Suex brand. I want more knowledge before I buy (if I buy). Serviceability, customer support, parts being available. I know they're made in Europe so is that good or bad. I also would like opinions on if you liked your machine and what you didn't like about it. All help is appreciated.

I know nothing of the 07, but own an XJ37 and an XK1. Suex is a top notch company and their scooters are of great quality. Rarely do they have issues. If they do, the good news is the service center/distributor is Casey McKinley of D3 diving. You can also get suex scooters serviced at Extreme Exposure in High Springs. So if your avatar is still accurate that you live in Florida, a quick drive could fix all of your issues and save you the cost of shipping the unit for repairs (which you would have to for other companies). The reality is Suex scooters are generally problem free.

Suex are extremely well made. I believe your asking about the xjoy 7 which has it's own following for recreational and some light technal dive use.

Suex are extremely well made. I believe your asking about the xjoy 7 which has it's own following for recreational and some light technal dive use.
Yes, it is the XJOY7, I see that I missed the Y in the topic. thank you for the info. So far it sounds like Suex scooters are ok.

Yes, it is the XJOY7, I see that I missed the Y in the topic. thank you for the info. So far it sounds like Suex scooters are ok.

Much better than OK. One of the best on the market. I looked at the specs on the XJ7 (you don't need the Joy in there for people to know what it is). It would be an awesome rec and light tec scooter. Some people are using to scooter in caves and one cave shop is selling them as entry level cave scooters. Casey (of Suex) greatly frowns upon the XJ7 being used in cave diving. It just doesn't have the same power or safety features of the ones made for cave and heavy tech diving (XJ37 and XK1). I wouldn't hesitate to get an XJ7 if it's for OW or even OW doubles and a couple stages or deco bottles. It will last a long time and not really give you any issues.

I have a used Joy7 for sale in South Florida, possibly 2 of them. Also have 3 Joy2’s for sale. If interested email me errol@tdsdivers.com for price and more information. I was formerly a Suex Dealer. Or call 954-649-9186

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom