Need more books on Kindle/E-books format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

Short version - head to Amazon and click the "Tell the Publisher! - I'd like to read this book on Kindle" Link is usually mid way down on the right edge.
I do not care what e-book version it is, but we need more ebooks. I would recommend other sites, if I know of any left.
ebook.jpg

To be honest, I have not read many paper books in the last 15-20 years. One reason is my dyslexia seems to have gotten worse, and I really like the ability to increase the font in an ebooks form. The second reason, is my mobility, I like many of you are consonantly on the move and my tablet (Surface Pro 6) goes everywhere with me.

So a few months ago, I asked the forums for recommended books on Technical Diving. One local diver lent me his Advance Nitrox Book from TDI and Deco for Divers. These were a bear to get through (sadly did not finish Deco), because of the size of the font. My glasses prescription is set for reading computers screen more then paper books.

I would suggest PDF format, but as other SB forums members have stated, this format is to easy to pass around to your friends.

Anyways, I started off be clicking the both of Mark Powell books, Intro to Tech and Deco for Divers. Figure I just may spend some clicking these books, since work is shut down for at least another month.

Good luck all, stay safe.

I bought Deco For Divers as e-book back in 2017 from KOBO (www.kobo.com), though it's no longer available that title in their site.
I second you with this. I prefer e-books over paper copies.
Besides I live in South America with a bananer government (as we say here). US dollar is beyond the clouds and importations are, in fact, closed, so getting a book in paper format is unthinkable.
Converting an e-book from one of the several e-readers to pdf format is, though possible, a nightmare and time consuming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom