Need IT consultant in OC/LA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello-

Hopefully this post is ok to make. I wrote to the admins, but never heard back. Oh well. Here goes nothing:

My company is in need of an IT consultant to support us on an outside basis. The job's a big one, and we would rather deal with a single, knowledgeable person than a consultancy firm if at all possible. I'm posting it here because it would be cool to get a new dive buddy in the process, though that's certainly not a requirement. :wink:

Here are the ideal knowledge areas:

Programming languges:
Javascript
Visual Basic 6
C++
SQL (MS T-SQL, mySQL T-SQL)
Java

Technologies:
ADO/RDS
ActiveX
JSP
Servelets
JSTL
JDBC
Firewall setup (ipfw, iptables)

Programs:
MS IIS
MS SQL Server 7
Crystal Reports 8
exim
SquirrelMail
SpamAssassin
OpenLDAP
clamAV
SSh
Apache Tomcat
Apache httpd

Operating Systems:
MS NT4 Server
MS Windows 2000/2K Server
Linux (Redhat, Debian)
FreeBSD 4

Printers (including programming):
Genicom 5000 series
OkiData (320, 520)
AMT Datasouth

If you, or someone you know, sounds like they know this stuff and lives in the Orange/LA County areas of CA, please PM me. We're looking for anywhere from 5-30 hours per week on an outside basis depending on our schedule and yours.

As I mentioned, we'd prefer a single person (or a small team) that we could develop a relationship with and who could take the time to learn the complex stucture of our network and data infrastructure. That said, I'll consider consultancy firms as well if they can meet our needs.

About me and our company:
I'm the IS Director for a chain of men's formalwear stores with 33 locations throughout SoCal. This person would work closely with me on programming and hardware/software support/development. Very little, if any, on site work would be required, although depending on the nature of the relationship, this may change.

The reason for the hiring is that our longtime consultant/engineer is having to move in a different direction as a result of changes in his life. Most likely, he'll maintain a small background presence for the next several months to assist the incoming person and to help my staff transition. We're not exactly sure on our timeline yet, but if we really like the candidate, we may decide that work starts immediately.

Hope to hear from someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom