Need Input on GC dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner

Contributor
Reaction score
I was planning on just booking to cruise dive for GC since they use a good dive operator, but I just discovered the cruise dive does not include a wall dive and stingray city. For GC they offer a wall dive followed by a reef or wreck dive as one option, or a one tank dive at stingray city. Is stingray city good enough to book a custom two-tank outside the cruise company?

I used Neptunes Divers before and they were terrific. Check out their website for more info.

You might want to check with them over the phone about the damage from the Hurricane. It really trashed the island! :mad1: Although it looks like their boat is up and running.

Have fun, the diving was great last time I was there.

I am hoping that they get stuff cleaned up by late December.

Furner:
Is stingray city good enough to book a custom two-tank outside the cruise company?
Hmmm, IMO SCR ( stingray city) wouldn't be worth a 2-tank dive. It's one of those "must do" dives and a really cool experience, but after 45 min to an hour of playing with the rays at 15fsw, you'll be ready to go someplace else.
What I would do, would be to try to find an operator that would do the north wall as the deep dive and SRC as the second. I know some ops do this, because I've done it.
Look for somebody that works out of the Governors Harbor/ Cayman Yacht Club area, that would cut down on the boat ride considerably. I know of a couple dive ops that keep a boat there just for SRC. I think TI Divers has one there, I know Seven Mile Watersports kept their boat there sometimes (or did).
You'll just have to check around and see if you can find someone. Ivan has changed things, not sure about much anymore. Hope I've been a help....

TruckDiver:
Hmmm, IMO SCR ( stingray city) wouldn't be worth a 2-tank dive. It's one of those "must do" dives and a really cool experience, but after 45 min to an hour of playing with the rays at 15fsw, you'll be ready to go someplace else.
What I would do, would be to try to find an operator that would do the north wall as the deep dive and SRC as the second. I know some ops do this, because I've done it.
Look for somebody that works out of the Governors Harbor/ Cayman Yacht Club area, that would cut down on the boat ride considerably. I know of a couple dive ops that keep a boat there just for SRC. I think TI Divers has one there, I know Seven Mile Watersports kept their boat there sometimes (or did).
You'll just have to check around and see if you can find someone. Ivan has changed things, not sure about much anymore. Hope I've been a help....

Yep, 45 min. is enough. Try "Fisheye", they have taken us to Stingray City and then North wall. The chance to dive with the stingrays is an exciting dive and not to be missed.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

TruckDiver:

Wall to Wall Diving is also a good choice for SRC. They have a boat at the Cayman Yacht Club that they use for SRC and North wall dives. Deanna and Giles run an excellent operation. www.walltowalldiving.com

yeah what i meant was looking for a two-tank that includes SRC and another dive location. the cruise company only does SRC as a one-tank trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom