Need info about Seac Sub Sorius 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcmdiver:
I'd appreciate feedback from anyone familiar with this regulator.

Thanks in advance.

I used the Sorius 1000 system on my OWD course, an unbalanced piston 1st stage. The Sorius, on the other hand is a balanced membrane 1st stage, so I guess it should breathe much better. These are both entry level models, also check out Sorius ADJ or Diamond series if you're looking to buy a Seac Sub regulator.

The 1000 model is ok for shallower dives, but I didn't get the impression I'd like to use it for anything deeper comfortwise, but it all depends on what you expect from the regulator.

The vendor URL with somewhat detailed specs is:
http://www.seacsub.com/scuba_erogatori.asp (upper right corner for english language)

As far as quality goes, it seems durable and simple, if that's what you're looking for, and it breathes rather dry afaik.

Seac Sub in general has products that offer really good value for money, but I'm not sure how their policy goes in terms of servicing and parts availability.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom