Need housing for Sony F707

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody have a housing for the Sony F707 for sale? Or, do you know where I can find one for a reasonable price?

The new ones are about $800-$1,200. That's too much for this camera because I'll probably replace it soon.

Thanks

You may end up getting another camera. As far as I know, only Ikelite and Gates and Amphibico make housings for the F707.

The Ikelite housing is "less" expsensive. It is one of the few Ikelite housings that to now allow for accessory lenses.

Gates and Amphibico housings are a lot more expensive.

Caution- I have a F717 (same camara) and it got wet while I was shooting a sailboat race around Fishers Island NY. The camera was toast and unrepairable. So be careful with it around the water. I'm sure this holds true for any digital camera but the small amount of water that hit the camera should not have shorted it out. The good news was that I only had it for a couple of months and my Master Card buyers protection replaced it.

DWJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom