Need Housing advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sherwinting

Registered
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a housing for my 7D soon. Basically it is a battle between Sea & Sea and Aquatica.
All in Sea & Sea will be about 700USD more.
What do you guys thinks

Also is there a reason why Sea & Sea is so much more expensive (They almost cost the same as Subal)
Dont want the other brands (nauticam, ikelite) for personal reasons =]
Thanks!!

I faced this same dilemma about a year ago. I was looking to house my 7D and was mostly considering Aquatica and Nauticam at the beginning of my search. I hadn't heard much about the S&S housing. However, after talking with Scott Gietler at Bluewater Photo (Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras), I ended up getting the Sea & Sea housing. I couldn't be happier with my decision, and I LOVE using it. Everything on the housing is easily accessible and very smooth underwater. The ease of getting to the aperture and shutter speed dials are great. I'm definitely in favor of the S&S!

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'd also highly recommend talking to the folks at Bluewater Photo as they were really helpful for me.

Good luck and happy shooting!

Ryan

I also don't have personal experinece with the Nauticam. I was looking at the Ikelite, but my wife surprised me with the S&S as a (very nice) present. I have to admit its a much nicer unit and I'm very happy with it. Controls are all very well placed and I've had no issues.

Both companies offer great products. I shoot with an Aquatica T2i, and Sea & Sea strobes. My Aquatica is built like a tank,and have had no issues. I shoot, travel and dive A LOT. One thing I do like about Aquatica is they are very responsive and return emails. I'm an absolute nut about Customer Service. I like the functionality, button placement, performance, ruggedness and "fit" of the Aquatica. Can't speak for Sea&Sea housings, (and I've never heard anything bad), but I do use the heck out of my Sea&Sea strobes, and they are great !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom