Need Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On my previous dry suit the inflator hose was long enought that I could run it under my arm thus reducing the number of hoses (entanglement hazards) coming over my shoulder. I tried to do it on my Viking Dry suit hose but the 42" hose supplied from Viking will not reach. I believe the Viking valve quick connect is unique to Viking so other hoses will not work and my Viking rep says they only offer the 42" hose.

I was thinking about making an extenstion of my existing inflator hose. One option would be if I could find a premade hose that went from my regulator threads to the threads on the male end of my hose. The second option would be if there was an adapter on the market that would adapt a standard low pressure hose to my viking hose.

Any comments suggestiosn would be appreicated.

Thanks

Mark D.

Hi mark

Although the viking connector is kinda nice you should be able to just change the nipple on the suit with no fuss and little cost to a standard nipple. Than you can easily find a hose length that would work as they make these in every length you could imagine.

We changed all ours out and its worked out good to have a single type of LP inflation connection (suits and BCD)

The viking connector is better IMO as its easier to d/c if you have a free flow but with practice you can be just as adept to the standard hose that everyone else uses

Thanks Mark,

That would be a great suggestion if I had the standard Viking valve. When I orderd my suit I upgraded my inflation valve to one with a slide valve that allows me to shut the air off if I have a free flow without disconnecting. I do not believe that the nipple will unscrew but I will take a look.

I also go the X2 Hazmat exhaust valve upgrade as well. I do have the original valves that came with the suit so I could switch back if I have no other option. I like the inlet valve although the slide valve does add a little bulk to it but so far it has not caused any significant interference or noticeable problems.

Thank you again for the great suggestion.

Have a great holiday.

Mark D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom