Need help with video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am setting up a new rig for my Canon 70D. Primarily photos, but want to do some decent video as well. Plan on Ikelite 200DL housing with 2 DS161 strobes and 2 wide angle ball arms. What would a recommendation be for a decent light to capture video? Just looking at purchasing one light to use for video. Also what would be thoughts on best mounting position for this light? Somewhere off to side with one of the strobes? Coming from a canon 20D setup which didn't allow for video. Carried a Nikon AW130 for whatever video I did.... Enough said...

First trip with rig is GBR in December with Mike Ball.

I was looking at the Orcatorch D910V.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the response. Not a fan of the Sola sealed battery lights. Would prefer something that allows me to be in charge of my batteries destiny. Don't want to have to return them for battery replacement and pay $150 to do so. Otherwise they seem like nice lights and well regarded. Regardless, understand 2 lights would be best.

I am setting up a new rig for my Canon 70D. Primarily photos, but want to do some decent video as well. Plan on Ikelite 200DL housing with 2 DS161 strobes and 2 wide angle ball arms. What would a recommendation be for a decent light to capture video? Just looking at purchasing one light to use for video. Also what would be thoughts on best mounting position for this light? Somewhere off to side with one of the strobes? Coming from a canon 20D setup which didn't allow for video. Carried a Nikon AW130 for whatever video I did.... Enough said...

First trip with rig is GBR in December with Mike Ball.

I was looking at the Orcatorch D910V.

Thanks for the help.
I don't know why SeaLife doesn't get more attention on these forums, but here a link to the page with all of the video lights.
I especially like the Auto Dim/ Auto Flash Detect feature on some of them. The light can automatically dim as it gets closer to an object, and can also turn off automatically when it detects a flash. I find this particularly useful to set it in the red light "stealth mode" on night dives for still photos, so I can set up the shot with the red led beams, which will then shut off when the strobe flashes in order to avoid red shadows.
Underwater Photography Lights | GoPro Diving Camera Lighting Kits | SeaLife Cameras

If you have any interest drop me a note, I may have one or two discontinued items on which we can discuss the pricing.

Have a look at the Scubalamp V6k at 12,000lumn I have found these to be great value, I have two on my rig but I found that one worked ok (when the other went flat during a dive), I have been very impressed with these lights.

If the V6K is a bit much for you they have a wide variety of lights in their range.

Any recommendation for a couple of decent lights that allow for easy battery replacement that are reasonably priced? Again, mostly still, but want to be able to make decent videos at times. I guess at least with the Orctorch you can just get a replacement battery vs with the SOLA you have to send the whole light back for replacement...

Sorry, newb to video. Just want something decent without breaking the bank. Thanks!

Regardling Scubalamp, thank you. Might be more than I need and little more expensive than I'm looking at.

Anyone used Bigblue VTL 3800P? Has an easy to replace 32650 battery. Was thinking 2 of these would be good.

Regardling Scubalamp, thank you. Might be more than I need and little more expensive than I'm looking at.

Anyone used Bigblue VTL 3800P? Has an easy to replace 32650 battery. Was thinking 2 of these would be good.

btscott, where are you located? In the States?

Back
Top Bottom