Need help with value of Voit Blue Fifty Fathom Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnSands

New
Reaction score
I hope you can help me find the right forum for my questions. I started to go to the For Sale forums, but I don’t want to sell yet. I couldn’t find a collectables forum, so I started here.
I have a Voit, Blue Fifty Fathom regulator with a blue plastic case. I don’t know if it works. It has dry rot on the rubber of the mouth piece. After briefly looking around the internet, I have found that it is worth much more than I thought. You can see some pictures at www.ardnet.com/3sands/Blue_Fifty_Fathom.htm
Now for my questions.

1. Is there a better place to sell collectable SCUBA stuff than eBay?

2. Can you give me an idea of what a good “Buy Now” and “Starting Bid” would be.

3. How much cleaning and polishing should I do? It could be cleaned a little, but I was afraid I would use the wrong cleaner and damage something. I was going to open it up to see if everything inside was OK, but I decided that since I don’t know what OK looks like, that I probably should stay out of it.

4. Are there any more questions I should be asking?

Thanks in advance.
John Sands
John@ardnet.com

Back
Top Bottom