Need help w/ Guatemala leg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

browncd81

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, planning on doing this itinerary beginning May 6th

Fri - Fly in, water taxi to Caye Caulker
Sat - CC diving
Sun - CC diving
Mon - CC diving + evening water taxi to San Pedro
Tues - AC diving
Wed - AC diving then dry gear all day
Thurs - early AM water taxi to Belize City, taxi to airport, fly to Flores
Fri - Tikal
Sat - AM fly to Guatemala city, hang out in Antigua
Sun - Antigua / Volcano
Mon - Back to reality :shakehead:

We're a group of 4, all divers, including myself, my brother, and our girlfriends. I understand it's quite a bit of moving around but we enjoy traveling that way.

Questions:
1. Would be interested to hear any tips or recommendations.
2. Dive sites - maybe next time I'm in Belize I'll hit the atolls. How would someone compare CC and AC? I'm not expecting a Philippines or even a Cozumel but is it comparable to the Bahamas?
3. Are the land activities good enough around Placencia to just spend most of our time there instead? We're not really into zip lines or cave tubing, but mostly ruins, good diving (whale sharks is pretty tempting), nice beaches, and good beer. Also, we're more into visiting a laid back beach town with budget/average price motels rather than an artificial ecological disaster full of condos and big resorts.

Thanks in advance!

I checked Splash's website, my Placencia dive op of choice this June, and it looks like their May whale shark package begins on the 14th, when you'll be in Guatemala.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom