Need Help Selecting Dive Locations in Southern Carribbean in late November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steveinmiss

Reaction score
My wife and I are joining two other couples (non-divers) on a Princess Cruise from Puerto Rico the week after Thanksgiving. Our itinerary includes five stops, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St Maarten, and St. Thomas. If we were going to dive at a couple of those stops, which would you experienced divers recommend and do you recommend any specific dive outfits to go with. Thanks in advance for all the wonderful suggestions.

Steve and Beth

steveinmiss:
My wife and I are joining two other couples (non-divers) on a Princess Cruise from Puerto Rico the week after Thanksgiving. Our itinerary includes five stops, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St Maarten, and St. Thomas. If we were going to dive at a couple of those stops, which would you experienced divers recommend and do you recommend any specific dive outfits to go with. Thanks in advance for all the wonderful suggestions.

Steve and Beth

Having done this itinerary, I'd recommend St. Lucia and St. Thomas as my top two choices, with Barbados coming in third. Antigua and St. Maarten are good days to do something else.

For St. Lucia, try Scuba St. Lucia, Frog's Diving or Dive Fair Helen (in that order) for your dives. On St. Thomas, Chris Saywer is an excellent operation. For pick-up at the ship docks, Blue Island Divers is quite good, and St. Thomas Dive Club will pick you up in a truck and drive you to their shop (they tend to dive different sites, including my very favorite Armando's Paradise). You can also opt for shore diving at Coki Beach.

-Amber

Of the places you mention I have dived St Lucia and Antigua, St Lucia is quite good, Antigua you would be better off going to Nelsons Dockyard or a beach.

I was with Frogs on St Lucia, they were OK but not the best, they kept us hanging around a lot.

Doug

I work for Chris Sawyer and would love to have you guys come and join us for a dive. Check our web site sawyerdive.vi. Look forward to a visit.

steveinmiss:

Steve and Beth

I've dove St. Lucia and St. Thomas of the list you gave and they were both excellent places to dive. I will be in Barbados in December, so no help for you yet on whether to dive there.
Look up my dive trip report on St. Lucia on ScubaBoard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom