Need help in 2 more IDs...Both shot off Apo Island, Philippines about

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
2 weeks ago.....1st one, what kind of moray eel(simply a white eyed moray eel??)??..

8151124468_aed9cc05d0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2nd one, what is the white & goldish/brown growth in the middle???...

8150873440_4da2785c70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

TIA....Joe.....

I think your second picture is Crown of Thorns Sea Star. Is that the only shot you have?

I think your second picture is Crown of Thorns Sea Star. Is that the only shot you have?
...Thanks Chilly....that's the only good one---lol....Let me blow it up a little.....

Here it is, alittle closer.......

8155266484_a2280b13e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh yeah, that's the nasty little buggar right there. How many did you see? May I hope it was just the one?

Oh yeah, that's the nasty little buggar right there. How many did you see? May I hope it was just the one?

Somewhere during the whole COT scare, the researchers forgot to mention that over most of their range, Crown of Thorns are integral members of the healthy reef communities they inhabit. They only cause issues where there is a population explosion. We have alarmist divers here that try to be heroes by needlessly killing COT yet Hawaii has never really experienced any COT related issues.

Not saying that, smelzlikefish. That's why I was hopeful he didn't see too many of them. May I assume that you have also been diving somewhere when the CoT were in excess and have seen what was left in their wake?

Chilly , I don't remember seeing any others....I do remember before we went to Bequ Lagoon(Resort), Fiji a couple years ago there were pre-trip reports they were all over the place---esp @ the house reef......When we got there, I did not see a one, thank goodness cuz I did a lot of shore diving in the afternoons & a couple nite dives(from shore)....Thanks for all your help...

Last edited:
Thanks all----ya'll guys are good.........

Back
Top Bottom