Question Need Help Identifying Some Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoLewFlu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I recently came into procession of some scuba items and while I would love to see what I could do with them, I don't have the means of going out and sadly need to get rid of them. I was hoping I could get some help identifying what they are as I don't know where to start with the items. If you see the pictures there's a 3 tubed item connected to a gauge that has a pressure gauge that reads ScubaPro on the back and in one of the dials it reads Z90 Diving Systems. The other line has a mouth piece item that has Ocean Edge and on the other side it's TEKNA. There is also a 4 tubed piece that has again 2 mouth attachments both with T20 APEKS labels on the fronts. And a single SUUNTO SM-16 and SM-36 pressure and depth gauge. I would really appreciate part names and reccomendations for where I can sell. Maybe even if you help I could give you a reasonable offer on these items. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2260.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 66
The first set is older, probably mid 70s and not worth much except to a collector. The second set looks to be an Apeks DS4 first stage and AT20 second stages. Apeks is still around and this might be a saleable set but as it is not in working order it will not fetch top dollar. Best bets for sale would be this forum, Facebook, or Ebay.

they look to be t20 2nds (the model predating the at20) with a US4 first stage. this would make sense as the US4 and at20 are sold as a non cold water rated set still currently. it can be upgraded with the dry seal and 2nd stage heatsink for cold water (along with a cracking adjustment knob if desired), but the cost to buy those separately generally is not efficient.

also, the 2nds of that vintage frequently require replacement of remaining soft parts including the 2nd stage diaphragm that are not in the service kit (unless if at some point they were service upgraded to the modern silicone versions) in addition to the usual issues of cracks in the plastic. getting those replacement parts can be annoying as they aren't shared with the ATX/XTX line but you have to get them through the military/commercial supply for the TX50 which is problematic for recreational dive shops.

someone from the classifieds here or on fleabay would likely still be interested at the right price if nothing other than to cannibalize as spares.

the other set is ocean edge which was the reorganized form of tekna after it went bankrupt. the first stage is like a SP mk2 with a spec boot, but i'm not sure on HP seat availability. the 2nd stage desirability heavily depends if it is the balanced version that was a knockoff of the g250/g200b. if it is, then someone might want it to play around with.

The OP is not a diver, and has no idea what this stuff is.
He needs to find a local diver to work with, who can touch it and feel it.
Or, go to a local dive shop and just give it to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom