Need Help!! Helmets suitable for diving that work with AGA Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys,

Need some help on this one. My dive team is looking to get pricing for new helmets. Our guidlines directs us to use the helmets for towing operations and current diving. Our existing helmets are standard swift water helmets which are very bouyant and more importantly do not fit with our AGA masks. They are also in pretty bad shape. Anyone out there have a helmet that is suited for diving and would fit our AGA masks. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Mark D.

I saw a new Helmet on the Ocean Reef page. I dive with ocean reef as a personal ffm and I think it should fit with the aga.I also dive aga with my dive team.

I see you dive with Ocean Reef. Know anyone that wants a virtually new Neptune II with comms?
Our dept bought 2 units a few years ago but we just started using them after we got use to using our dry suits and other gear. I used the Neptune and I am having issues clearing my ears, as I am usually congested and I need to get a better seal when I plug my nose. I am switching to Scuba Pro fullface. This mask has had about 1 hour in the water. We modified the piece that holds the earpiece to a better, stronger, more flexible material as the original was shotty. I am looking for $400.00 and that would include shipping. It is in new condition and has been inspected and ready to go. If you have any leads give me a yell
Thanks
Erich K
Scandia Fire & Rescue
Minnesota

I found a company called Grateful Heads in Maryland. They have a rescue helmet that might just work. I have ordered one and it should be here in about a week. I will post a review and pictures for all to see once I get a chane to use it.

For now here is their contact information if you want to check out their site. I had a great converstation with the owner Julie. I am not only interested in using these for diving but also our team is now taking up swift water rescue so hopefully they can do double duty.

Julie Norfleet
Rain and Snow, Inc.
2049 Lower New Germany Rd.
Frostburg, MD 21532
301-689-0915...301-689-0916-fax
Grateful Heads

Mark D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom