Need help for my WA wet lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aqeebz

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all the sifoos here. A newbie is in dire help. I've bought a Dyron wide angle lens + adaptor for my Canon G11 WP-DC34 housing. It seems that i cant have focus and pics came out blurry. I've put my G11 to full zoom as being taught on how to use this lens but thats what i get - damn blurry pics waaaaaay out of any recognition of forms & shapes. Also the adaptor seems does not have tight fit & always fell off from the housing. Anybody having the same setup go through this kinda experience? What is your solution?

Lastly i'm very interested to do the over-under pics. You know the kind that have partial pic of underwater & the top part out of water (guess you all know what i'm blabbering about). Do i need to have a fisheye lens or this Dyron lens can do the same job? Please please please help me on proper use of this pancake lens before i plan to sell it off just because i dont know how to properly use it. FYI use it on 1 dive only & get frustrated due to this focussing problem have completely take it off from my housing & keep shooting the old fashion way without the wide lens

Does your camera have an accessory lens setting? If it doesn't have that setting, try putting it into macro-mode when using your w/a lens. This should take care of the focus issue. In fact, most underwater subjects are close enough that I use macro mode all the time with my camera.

Are you using manual exposure settings?

You should not be zooming all the way into telephoto. I believe your instructions meant that you have to zoom slightly to avoid clipping the corners of your image frame. That's due to the w/a lens being positioned a little too far away from your prime lens because of the housing.

Hello all the sifoos here. A newbie is in dire help. I've bought a Dyron wide angle lens + adaptor for my Canon G11 WP-DC34 housing. It seems that i cant have focus and pics came out blurry. I've put my G11 to full zoom as being taught on how to use this lens but thats what i get - damn blurry pics waaaaaay out of any recognition of forms & shapes. Also the adaptor seems does not have tight fit & always fell off from the housing. Anybody having the same setup go through this kinda experience? What is your solution?

Lastly i'm very interested to do the over-under pics. You know the kind that have partial pic of underwater & the top part out of water (guess you all know what i'm blabbering about). Do i need to have a fisheye lens or this Dyron lens can do the same job? Please please please help me on proper use of this pancake lens before i plan to sell it off just because i dont know how to properly use it. FYI use it on 1 dive only & get frustrated due to this focussing problem have completely take it off from my housing & keep shooting the old fashion way without the wide lens
Do you mean zoomed all the way in or all the way out? That will make a huge difference. It should be zoomed out not in.
Bill

Thanks for the replies. I zoomed out the whole way. Somebody also suggested i used the in camera optical zoom rather than digital zoom. Guess i have to try every tips given this 27th April. Off to Sipadan wehoooooooo

The G11 has a accessory lens setting in the menu, try that.
Do some tests in a pool building a scene from plastic toys to get used using the camera,
otherwise you will burn your trip to Sipadan.

Chris

Is it me or does the original poster seem to be using the terms zoom in and zoom out backwards from what I'm used to? I've always used zoom in to mean zoom in on the subject, the lens is fully extended out of the camera in telephoto mode. I use zoom out to mean zoomed out from the subject with the lens retracted in camera in wide angle mode.
It seems to me that he has the camera lens out which would be telephoto mode with a wide angle lens. This sounds counter productive to me.

when i was using my G10 with the bigeye WA lens, it was recommended that the camera setting be on Macro mode....dunno why. But it worked out fine. Pictures turned out great, apart from the corners, but that's just the Bigeye problem.

Why don't you try that out in the pool first....belum cuba, belum tahu! It could well be something as simple as that. It's weird I know, that when shooting WA the camera is in macro.

If your wide angle lens is behind a dome it makes sense to zoom in if the dome is small. Small domes mean the virtual image is close to the dome and as such you will get better pics in macro mode.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom