Need help disassembling Seemann Sub reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
image.jpgimage.jpg

This is a Seemann sub aka Subgear diaphragm first stage. Anyone knows how to remove the HP seat & spring from the area which is shown in the first pic? Never seen this design before.

This is the end that the yoke retainer screws into.

I suspect if you disassemble the A clamp (yoke) that you'll see a way to counter turn the retainer on the bottom. It looks like an unbalanced piston so there's only going to be a piston, a couple of o-rings and a spring inside once you figure out where the twisty bit is.

R..

Its a diaphragm reg. I've disassembled the other side & removed the diaphragm, main spring & adjustment screw. Only left with the hp seat & spring.

Not sure if it requires some special tool.

---------- Post added November 6th, 2015 at 08:07 AM ----------

But good idea regarding screwing in the A clamp. Will see if theres anything tgere when I get home tonight.

May be similar to a Mares MR12 diaphragm reg, the poppet and seat are under the sinter filter. I will PM you a link to some dissembled images.

Hey Tbar thanks for the pics, but this one is different. The seat & spring is held in & does not come off. Here are more photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 79
This regulator looks like the SL20 of Seemann Sub.

If there are no threads to remove the balance chamber it should come off, it's probably just jammed.

If you need the schematics, send me a mail.

Good luck!

Hey Tbar thanks for the pics, but this one is different. The seat & spring is held in & does not come off. Here are more photos.

The photos are not clear enough. in the second photo there is a small black piece on the shaft. Does this have a slot in it? Can it be opened to allow the allow the shaft through the cross piece?

The photos are not clear enough. in the second photo there is a small black piece on the shaft. Does this have a slot in it? Can it be opened to allow the allow the shaft through the cross piece?

The black area is just part of the hole that the cross piece sits in. There's nothing there.

---------- Post added November 8th, 2015 at 09:41 PM ----------

seems like you just slip some pliers down there and turn left.

It doesn't turn.

Sometimes these pieces just drop in... Really. With use, they get stuck. The Aqualung airsource 2 has a piece that pushes together that does look as it would.

Soak the piece in some vinegar to break up any corrosion. Push with a wooden chopstick from the other side.

If that doesn't work, consider a reverse thread...

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom