Need help choosing my first dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yamadaty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to buy one and start submersion in tech. Would love something light with a front zipper and good quality/dollar value but can pay extra if it really makes a difference. I will be traveling mostly for my dives outside the country to Europe and Asia mostly.

Tips suggestions all welcomed.

I was a dui diver for years but they’re customer service and quality has dropped. I have an flx that’s 1.5 years old and already has pinholes in the crotch. I’m annoyed by it so just got measured for my first santi. My wife loves her santi.

I’ll just follow that topic with interest because water is cold here...

I read, including on the web and on this forum, that SANTI started to have quality issues after there have grown over the last few years. It doesn't have to be made in the EU as long as it's good.

You will find that every drysuit experiences problems and need service over time. Make sure you have a good understanding of where you will be able to get service.

santi has some more value oriented suits under 2k made in poland that are a good option. or go with a UK made suit from seaskin/otter/brittanic etc. if you can find a used starter suit for cheap that fits you well, that is another route to take before you spend money on a new suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom