Need help--choosing adaptors for Rangiroa.......Will be there in a few weeks & starti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
starting to get a few things together for trip....Which adapter(s) do we need to bring to Rangi(see below pics---these are my current choices)--will be charging Canon S95 batteries(X3 or 4---2 needed per dive day) and 16 Eneloope AA batteries(--8 needed per dive day).......Staying @ Kia Ora & diving with Topdive........TIA........Joe

17007093017_31f8b28c5d_z.jpg
[/URL]Converter choices #1 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

17214532015_93a4a6f3c5_z.jpg
[/URL]Converter choices #2 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Totally agree with mmmbelows last comment - Top Dive would be the last dive op I would even walk past anywhere in FP. Do a search on here and find out why they recently paid out over $7 million.......and still have to face court in Tahiti.

Top dive are ok. I was there 6 weeks ago at rangoria,North and South fakarava.
14 dives, no complaints. Nice boats, good guides. Free nitrox. Most of the guides allowed me to dive with some freedom. Did 1 deep dive to 48 m.
Only 1 guide was constantly wanting me to keep close, kept on asking about my air, to buddy up etc.

my impression was they were a safe friendly dive op.
Fakarava is amazing.
interesting read on under current regarding the dive accident.

I agree on Top Dive, and we don't dive with them. And we made that decision before the above.

Kia Ora does seem to push them though.

There are other great dive ops there, and I would choose one of them. In general, you will have a much smaller group if you use the other ops as well. We bring our own gear, so we generally go with Raie Manta (because he is a wonderful guide/owner who has been there forever, a local favorite) But if you are using rentals, then I would likely pick Yaka Plongee

There is also Six Passenger

Any of them will pick you up and drop you off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom